Yes, I had someone sighted help me, I managed to set it up on my own, sighted person was watching if I did it right, but no success to unlock the phone.
Maria

Dňa 5. 9. 2022 o 17:32 Sieghard Weitzel napísal(a):
Have you had a sighted friend or family member who is somewhat technically
knowledgeable help you with this? I would be curious if somebody were to watch
you as you do this what they would notice.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Mária
Orovcíková
Sent: Monday, September 5, 2022 6:16 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Face ID hit or miss

Hello,
I have been using Iphone XR and I have never been able to unlock it with Face
ID.
I've tried to set it up and remove it a few times, it does not work for me, so
I gave it up.
I wish Apple would bring Touch ID back for all Iphone models. I don't like
Passcode, but have no other choice for now.
Maria

Dňa 5. 9. 2022 o 3:35 SoonerAnnie napísal(a):
Thanks, all, for the replies and suggestions. I set mine up in a room where
there was good light, using VoiceOver, but my sighted husband was standing
behind me and he said it got a good scan of my face. Since I tried the
suggestion of holding my phone at arms length from my face I have had much
better luck. I most definitely prefer touch ID as you can even do that without
having to pick up your phone, but I'm getting more used to the face ID. I have
too much on my phone to leave it wide open, although it has been tempting in
the past.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone