It is the opposite, the iPhone SE has a 4.7 inch screen and the iPhone 13 Mini
has a 5.4 inch screen.
The reason why the Mini with it's significantly larger screen is almost not
bigger is because it doesn't need space for the home button and the bezels
around the screen are smaller.
The difference in physical size (length and width) is so small that it is not
really noticeable unless  you put one on top of the other.
Both SE third Gen and 13 Mini have the same A15 processor and actually the 13
Mini wasn't as popular or as good of a seller which is probably the main reason
why Apple is not making a Mini any more. Of course so far it seems the 14 Plus
is also not going to be flying off the shelves. Small phones like the SE and
Mini seem to be a thing of the past at least for now because the next iPhone SE
is going to have a 6.1 inch screen and will apparently be similar to the iPhone
XR in design with no homne button.

And do not buy a regular iPhone 14, you are getting a phone which has the same
A15 processor as the iPhone 13 family since Apple only put the new A16
processor into the iPhone 14 Pro and pro MNax this year. You would be much
better off with a 13 Pro over a regular 14, you get the same processor but you
gain the liDAR sensor which is in all Pro models since the iPhone 12 Pro, but
it is not in the regular models like the regular iPhone 12/12 Mini, 13/13 Mini
and 14/14 Plus and neither is it in the SE. Here are the dimensions and weights
of both the 13 Mini and 13 Pro and this comes directly from Apple's website:

iPhone 13 mini
5.18 inches tall (131.5mm)
2.53 inches wide (64.2mm)
0.30 inches thick (7.65mm)
4.94 ounces (140 grams)

iPhone 13 Pro
5.78 inches tall (146.7mm)
2.82 inches wide (71.5mm)
0.30 inches thick (7.65mm)
7.16 ounces (203 grams)

iPhone 13 Pro is larger and heavier as 13 Mini by these numbers:
Tall: 0.6 inches (15.2mm)
Wide: 0.29 inches (7.3mm)
Thickness: same
Weight: 2.22 ounces (63 grams)

In other words, the most noticeable difference would be the height/length, the
13 Pro is just under 5/8 of an inch taller which is about as much as most
people's pinky finger or maybe their index finger.
In width it is only a bit more than a quarter of an inch wider, if you look at
the difference in millimeters, 7.3mm is a little less than the 7.65mm thickness
of both the 13 Mini and 13 Pro. This means if you put a 13 Mini on top of a 13
Pro you could stand another iPhone on edge and it would cover the difference in
width.
The most noticeable difference is probably the weight, but as I said, you
should really see if you can't go to an Apple store and handle both phones to
see if the Mini is as much smaller as you think or if that size difference
really matters to you.