Gary,

In the past I used an HDMI to audio extractor by this company Cablematters.
This device will allow you to utilize your apple tv headless (without a tv)

I bought it on Amazon, it was listed as Cablematters 4k HDMI to audio extractor
at the time. This particular unit has HDMI input where you would connect the
Apple TV and has optical and 3.5MM  output which can be connected to TV/
headphones/ Speakers for audio only.

Amazon basics also has a version, you just have to make sure it has the outputs
you need.

Feliciano

>> On Nov 20, 2022, at 3:23 PM, 'Gary Robinson' via VIPhone
>> <viphone@googlegroups.com<mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>> wrote:

>> Hello all,

>> Thanks for the feedback. I originally had the old Apple TV HD with its some
>> what quirky remote and decided to upgrade to the very latest 4K version
>> which arrived last week.

>> I  was so impressed with the new unit, both the well thought out remote and
>> the speed of the box, I  gather the new processor in this unit is some 30%
>> faster than the older 4K unit, that I decided to see if I could create a
>> sound only system.

>> I  intend to pick up a  Sonos beam  as there are some good deals this Black
>> Friday and will report back on what happens.

>> Gary

>> On 20/11/2022 21:11, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

>>> This would not help to connect to a Sonos Beam or Arc soundbar which have
>>> only HDMI inputs. Maybe there is another adapter which would convert the
>>> audio coming from your box back to HDMI, but as I said, a lot is possible,
>>> but whether it is practical is another issue. Before I buy all these
>>> gadgets I would simply buy the latest Apple TV 4K which was just released,
>>> hook it up to my Sonos soundbar which from the way it sounds he already has
>>> and see if it works. If not he can either return the Apple TV for a refund
>>> or look into whatever other adapters/extractors are required to make it
>>> work.

>>> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KBHX072?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

>>> Matthew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/ac442b57-f7aa-d4ac-dbb2-5c2dd80eabe8%40talktalk.net.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/001501d904ea%24b872cd10%2429586730%24%40comcast.net.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/DS0PR10MB6245436352D90B8515CF568CC7159%40DS0PR10MB6245.namprd10.prod.outlook.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/DS0PR10MB6245436352D90B8515CF568CC7159%40DS0PR10MB6245.namprd10.prod.outlook.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.