Hello Mark,

Glad to read you’re getting along so well with your new iPhone.

I suppose one could temporarily turn off speech and rely on VoiceOver’s clicks
as guidance.  What I do is to swipe around a bit rather than landing on the
digits directly so the casual listener does not necessarily know which digits
were entered.

I think a privacy option could be applied to any input field designated as a
secure one too for passwords and the like.

One thing that has intrigued me over the years is why on a telephone keypad 1,
2, and three are above 4, 5, and six whereas on a calculator and tills they are
below?

Thanks to all list members for your contributions this year and to our Mark for
moderating the group.  A little early but all the best to you all for 2023.

Malcolm Parfitt