Yes you can technically use without Internet. You'd need Aira or Be My Eyes.
Point of a smart thermostat is to use on Internet.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Lelia
Struve
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2022 10:38 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: An Alexa Compatible Thermostat, Anyone?

Hi all, a question about the Alexa enabled thermostats.   Do they all have a
way not to be used with either Alexa or the internet?   Or for example, does
the amazon one have a Braille overlay like the microwave does?  Thanks

Lelia

Sent from my iPhone

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/1D2FA91C-A8A5-4D58-A717-F5401A0DABC1%40gmail.com.