From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of M. Taylor
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2022 2:01 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Cc: vipho...@googlegroups.com
Subject: An Alexa Compatible Thermostat, Anyone?

Hello Everyone,

Okay, I know that I have asked this question before but, now that I must buy a
new thermostat for my home, within the next week or so, as my 32 year old model
is starting to fail on a virtually daily basis, what Alexa compatible
thermostat do you either recommend and / or are currently using?

I am aware of the Nest brand models; I thought they were Google-only models but
I think they also can work with Alexa, right?  Does anyone have any experience
with Nest / Alexa compatibility?

Also, I know that Honeywell makes Alexa models but, from what I have read on
the web, today, one must setup an online account with Honeywell before the
device can be used with Alexa.  That sounds like a lot of trouble to me; maybe.

The only thing I know for certain is that I want a model that will work with
Amazon Alexa, out of the box, because I do not want to use a third-party app,
is I can avoid doing so.

I have come to trust the Alexa app for iOS and iPad OS.

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/003b01d91975%2499bd5350%24cd37f9f0%24%40ucla.edu.