Hello James and Everyone,

I purchased the Sensi model st55 Smart Thermostat 2 days ago and had it
installed early this morning.

In a word, it is amazing.  The physical buttons are easy-to-use and allow for
complete use of the thermostat just as was my old unit.

I did not configure the wireless settings until late this evening because the
buttons work so well.

However, I now have the device setup to work with either Alexa or Siri.  And of
course, one can use the Sensi app which is remarkably VoiceOver accessible.

Now I will tell you that the Apple Home Kit setup was a thousand times easier
than was Amazon Alexa.  In fact, for the first time, I was truly disappointed
with Alexa because, in my opinion, not only would a blind or low vision person
be hard pressed to configure the unit without sighted assistance, but the
process is unintuitive and convoluted.  In addition, at the time of this
writing, one cannot setup Alexa with the device until one uses the Sensi app to
create an external account, etc.  Ridiculous.

Apple Home Kit, on the other hand,  was fast, simple, and could easily be
configured by a totally blind person as long as the person had the security
code which is included on a sheet of paper located inside the package.  The
best part?  One does not need to install the third-party Sensi app in order to
be up and running in minutes.

I have decided to use Siri to run the thermostat as doing so is intuitive and
works flawlessly from all of my Apple devices including my Apple Watch.

I think the Sensi people must love Apple because, if one did not want to
configure Home Kit, manually, to work with the device, one only has to point
iPhone camera to a QR code located in the packaging which automatically
launches Home Kit and begins the configuration process.  Most impressive, to
say the least.

While I love Alexa, this round definitely goes to Siri.

Thank you all for your contribution to this thread and, like James, I
definitely recommend this $80 unit to anyone who is in the market for a new
thermostat, WiFi enabled or not.

Mark