Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. It's just interesting some of the vocabulary that's repurposed for use in the computer industry, that's all.

On 1/4/2023 11:46 AM, M. Taylor wrote:
Steve,

As a former professional programmer, I would suggest that the word "Coupon" in this
instance, is referring to a Facetime security coupon and / or "Token", depending upon the
state of the argument being passed through to the function.

Again, just a guess.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Steve
Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2023 7:08 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: What it Means when VoiceOver says the word, "Coupon" in the latest
versions of iOS

Ha, an interesting take. I've been a programmer for a long, long, very long
time, but I've never heard of any programming object called a coupon. I thinhk
that's quite funny! I've heard of lexical tokens, syntax trees, parsing
algorithms, fuzzy logic, datapoint fragmentation, forking, relational pyramids,
reciphering, lots of other interesting linguistic oddments, but coupons? Sure
would like to find out what that's really all about.