There may be a quicker way than I know of. The first thing would be to
create the folder or make certain you know which home screen the folder is
on. Creating a folder involves going into edit mode by flicking down when
on a file and double tapping. Next, while in edit mode, drag one or more
apps and then put them ontop of another app to create a folder. It will be
named automatically but you can always change the name later. The files
will be dropped in the folder automatically.
Now that the folder is ready, go past your highest numbered home page and
you'll get into the app library. You then need to find the app you want and
get into edit mode as before. You then can drag an app from the library.
Once you've picked it up, use the three finger right swipes to move back
through your home screens. When you find the home screen with the folder,
flick left and right or touch the screen until you're focussed on the
folder. Flick down and you'll come to an "add to folder" option. Double tap
on that and the apps should be added to the folder. Remember that edit mode
will expire if you pause and do nothing for over thirty seconds. Double tap
on the folder to go into it where you should now find your apps. I have a
more thorough description of all this in my book. It's called Personal
Power: Getting The Most from iOS as a Totally Blind User.