I think this can be done.  This would be awesome.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Wayne
Merritt
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2023 10:54 PM
To: viphone <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Creating a phone shortcut

Greetings all. I would like to create a shortcut to appear on my home screen to
call a specific phone contact or favorite. For the record, I don't use Siri
hardly at all, except to call my wife. It occurred to me today that I could
probably add a shortcut or contact to my home screen to do this, and then I
would be able to disable Siri completely. I realize Siri is an everyday life
line for many, and I have no problem with that. I have my reasons for not using
Siri, and for the record, I informed an Apple representative once when I was
talking to them about another issue, and they said they would pass my feedback
along to the Siri team. Anyway, I am very much a novice shortcut user. I have
only used shortcuts for a small handful of things. So, with that in mind,  does
anyone have simple steps for creating a shortcut for what I want to do, or, can
you point me to a resource that is laid out for novice shortcut users like me?

Thanks,
Wayne

--
Wayne Merritt