Instead of using the feeder balls for exercise, have you considered using a
remote control feeder mouse? Or a laser light pointer? We have a 3yr old Red
Tip siamese who loves chasing his remote control mouse. I'm able to find the
mouse when he is finished playing by pressing the buttons on the remote &
following the sound. Of course, both of these toy suggestions require you to be
an active play participant.

Donna