Now that's weird because I told her to open TuneIn yesterday twice, and she opened it without saying anything.

Also, I have told her to call a couple of numbers in my Contacts and she said that she was calling them, although her inflection does sound different in 17.1. But for the things I use her for, she's working here the same as before the update.

Evan

On 10/27/2023 9:25 AM, Rick Alfaro wrote:
Hi Mary. I have to say that I totally agree with you. Siri has gotten worse
instead of better IMHO. Lately, one example is a simple request to call my wife
who of course is in my contacts. I even specify mobile as part of my request
and I still get which entry I want even though I specified mobile which is
definitely one of the choices. So annoying. I'm seeing this in lots of other
examples where I'm asked to make a choice when it should not be necessary at
all.

Warmest regards,

Rick Alfaro
rick.alf...@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Mary
Otten
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2023 9:48 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Siri continues to be the dumbest of all dumb assistance.

I have folders too. I’ve been using iPhones for years. But after a while, you
get more apps. And besides, even if you know precisely what folder an app is
in, you still have to open the folder find the app and open it. If Siri worked
like it should, it would be much more efficient to just use it to open apps.
But even this morning, when I say Open such and such app and give the precise
name, it comes back and asks me which app do you want this one that one or
another one, all in the same general app category. This after I’ve stated
something specifically. Anyway, this just started with the so-called upgrade to
17.1. Feels like a regression to me.  And there wasn’t that much to regress
from. I still prefer iOS to android. But really Apple. Get it together on Siri.
Sent from my iPhone