You have saved my sanity! Thank you so much. This has solved the problem.
Sent from my iPhone by Alison may
0777 315 8181

On 26 Nov 2023, at 3:54 am, Chris Chaffin <chaffin102...@gmail.com> wrote:

This might be the setting that you are refering to, but I was experiencing the same thing, and I went to Settings, Accessibility, Voiceover, and at the bottom of that screen you will find, Double Tap Time Out.  If you go into there and set it to 0.50 or more.  I did this, and it totally did away with the problem.

Hope this helps.

Chris

On Nov 25, 2023, at 6:44 PM, CJ & AA MAY <chrisalis...@gmail.com> wrote:

A friend said she’d been told that going into settings, Accessibility  and then voice and changing response from 1.10 to 1.04 helped, and I have tried this, and thought initially it had helped but after an afternoon of frustration again, I’m not sure it has.

Alison

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2023 6:17 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: backdating

Yes, this is certainly a bit of an issue for me as well although it is not as bad as in the beginning and it’s almost gone in iOS 17.2 which as I said should be out maybe not next week, but the week after that.

Anyways, downgrading is not possible any more so you’ll have to put up with it until it gets fixed, hopefully you wrote to Apple Accessibility and request in strong but nice words that this really needs to be fixed.