From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Richard
Turner
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2023 10:34 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: VO Accessible Wi-Fi Smoke Detectors

>From one of the articles, I read, the nest, smart smoke alarms do not even
>work with the Google home app. So you are probably wise to wait in the Sea.
And I personally wouldn't spend the money on a smart smoke detector. At least
not until they are more common and the prices go down.

Richard, USA
“Grandma always told us, “Be careful when you pray for patience. God stores it
on the other side of Hell and you will have to go through Hell to get it.”
-- Cedrick Bridgeforth

My web site: https://www.turner42.com/

On Dec 24, 2023, at 10:13 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:

Right, the notification when not at home would be the most useful to me. Nest
does make their smart smoke detector, but I’d do a bit of digging first because
I think Google is phasing out all of the Nest stuff so there might be a
replacement coming up.
I have 5 Dropcam Pro at my business which were originally an independent
company and later bought by Nest and while we did get a pretty long time out of
these cameras, I received an email a few weeks ago that they will no longer
work starting next April. Google is phasing out the Nest app in favour of the
Google Home app and apparently it is finally end of life for these. I also have
some newer Nest cams and a Nest doorbell which will continue to work so I will
have to decide if I want to stay in that ecosystem and buy whatever new cameras
Google has at the time or if I should use this opportunity to switch to
something like maybe the Arlo system from Netgear or Ring, there are many good
systems out there now.