Hello list,

I'm sorry this is off-topic, but I don't know where to ask and I thought Sieghard might know the answer since he has been using the station.

I got Netatmo weather station for Christmass. My brother has installed the outdoor module, it is not in the shade and not exposed to rain or snow.

However, it gives me wrong temperatures, at least seven degrees higher compared to other thermometers in the appartment. (e.g. this morning Netatmo sai temperature was minus one, but with other devices and online it was minus eight celsius).

The outside module is very close to the base station.

Please, is there a way how to get it fixed (reset or something) or how to get in touch with Netatmo team?

I haven't found any contact info.

I am afraid I can't return the product, it was purchased from Amazon in Germany a few weeks before Christmass, so I have it longer than 30 days.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Maria

Dňa 16. 1. 2024 o 22:02 Sieghard Weitzel napísal(a):

The basic Netatmo Weater Station includes the main indoor module which connects to your WiFi and has to be plugged into power and 1 outdoor module which runs on 2 Triple A batteries and which is already pre-paired wit the indoor module. You first set up the indoor module, then put batteries in the outdoor module and place it somewhere outside, of course it should be in the shade and I would put it in a place where it is not exposed to rain, snow etc. They do now sell an enclosure which looks a bit like a plastic mug with a handle and it has a plug on the bottom which unscrews, you place the station in it and close it. The sides have slots so it can get accurate temperature and humidity measurements, but it’s protected from direct sunlight and rain. Of course the outside module should also be not too far from the base station, if you go too far it may work some time but loose connection at times. But 40 or 50 feet is not a problem.

**

*If you want a rain and/or wind gauge then you can buy them all at once in a bundle which is cheaper than buying them all separately. For Black Friday you could have had the entire bundle for I think 40% off, it was quite a good deal. *

**

*You can also add up to 3 additional indoor modules. Keep in mind tthat the rain gauge should be placed in an open area with at least 6 or 8 feet (I think Netatmo says 10 feet) of space around it so no nearby trees, bushes or just a few feet from the house. It should also be approx. 1 m off the ground. Both rain gauge and wind gauge have a quarter inch standard tripod thread in the bottom and especially the wind gauge is a difficult installation if you want it to be accurate. Netatmo says it should be at least 4 feet above the highest point of your house, I have one but still haven’t gone through the trouble to put a 4-foot pole on the ridge of my house. I guess you could put it in an open area on your lawn on a tall post or something, but you won’t get accurate readings if that is maybe 20 or 30 feet away from your house where the house might block wind or create eddies.*

**

**

*Best regards,*

*Sieghard*