Hi Jim,

I am in British Columbia and I find the native weather app that comes with
the iPhone is not very good. I use an app called "Degrees" it is a Canadian
weather app and uses the same information you get on the Environment Canada
weather forecast website. It lists current conditions including temperature,
whether it's cloudy/sunny/overcast etc., humidity, wind, pressure,
windchill/humadex, air quality (where supported) and then it gives you the
7-day forecast. You can even set it so the current temperature is displayed
on the badge icon, however due to limitations imposed by Apple it would be
spoken like this "Degrees, 5 new items". This would be if the temperature is
either +5 Celsius or minus 5 Celsius. The developers told me that they can't
display the minus sign because Apple doesn't allow it, but I still find it
useful since I typically know if it's plus or minus outside, only time when
it is ambiguous is if it's just 1 or 2 or 3 degrees plus or minus. If you
enable this in the app settings and it's exactly 0 degrees it would just say
"Degrees" with nothing else.

You can add cities and once you added them you can easily choose which
forecast you want to see, once the app opens you have a list of the
cities/towns you added and the app is, of course, very Voiceover friendly
since I am completely blind as well and use Voiceover exclusively.