Hello there, it is true that we do take advantage of things sometimes and
don't realize how awesome things are. Especially our iPhones and apples
accessibility.
To Mark I'm very glad that your vision is getting better! It always sucks
when surgeries are done and things don't improve. So I'm very happy to hear
that things are going well for you.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2026, 9:48 AM VIPhone <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I recently underwent eye surgery in order to, if not improve, then to
> restore my vision to what it was about 8 years ago.
>
> Unlike in my many previous in-hospital and out-patient procedures, this
> time around thanks to the excellent accessibility features of iOS, iPad OS,
> etc., along with some very nice third-party applications such as MyChart, I
> was able to manage the entire preOP paperwork and scheduling, hospital
> admitting process, and postOP procedures, independently.
>
> If you’ve ever had a surgical procedure done, then you well know the
> hassle of completing and signing what feels like endless forms.  It was
> great to be able to perform such tasks using Apple’s VoiceOver screen
> reader.
>
> Don’t get me wrong, in no way am I saying that one should elect to perform
> all of the necessary chores, independently; what I am saying is that it
> feels good to know that one can, should one choose to do so.
>
> I’ve been using iOS, etc., for so long, that I sometimes take the
> accessibility that it offers, for granted.
>
> I would say that the stress level I usually experience when dealing with
> all of the steps necessary when undergoing surgery, was reduced by 80%
> because I could read all of the documentation, communicate with the medical
> staff, answer all of the endless questions and sign all of the never-ending
> forms, at my proverbial leasure.
>
> By the way, the procedure appears to have been successful.  As you may
> know, unlike in the movies, it can sometimes take a wee bit while for
> vision to reach its best acuity.  I can, however, tell you that my vision
> is better than it was before the procedure.
>
> I hope you are all doing well.
>
> Moderator Mark
>
>
> --
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone
> list.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or
> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the
> owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at:
> [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at
> [email protected]
>
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/32a546b4-140d-4041-b767-97a99f8f4f05n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/32a546b4-140d-4041-b767-97a99f8f4f05n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/CAGzW%2B1NHif66rMePnAmrpvL0s8-f%2BvbY%2BmPy1%2BYEsW4VyqOFVA%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to