Eleanor, The mention is what breaks it. Up until you tag somebody you're typing into a plain text box. The second you add the mention, Facebook turns that name into a single object sitting inside your text, and it rebuilds the field to do it. VoiceOver was tracking the old field. It carries on reading from a map that no longer matches what's on the screen, so it falls behind, and when you go back to fix a word you land somewhere that isn't where VoiceOver just told you you were.
That's why the correction comes out as rubbish. It isn't you and it isn't your gestures. Two things that get around it. Write the post somewhere plain first, Notes or an email to yourself, fix it there where the text sits still, then paste it into Facebook and add the mention last, right before you post it. Or post it clean and put the tag in a comment underneath. One more worth a try. Open Facebook in Safari instead of the app. It's a different piece of software wearing the same name and it doesn't always behave the same way. Does it do the same thing when you tag someone in a comment, or only in a new post? VaShaun On Sun, Sep 06, 2026 11:58 AM, 'Eleanor Roberts' via VIPhone < [email protected]> wrote: > Hi all > > Hoping someone may be able to help me here. Having an annoying issue with > Voiceover and Facebook. When I write a post everything goes fine until I > decide to mention someone in it. As soon as I have mentioned someone > Voiceover seems completely unable to keep up with what I’m writing, and > winds up getting further and further behind in terms of what it’s reading > out to me. It also means that, if I want to go back to make a correction > somewhere, I can’t, as when I go back and I think I’m in the right place to > make the correction it would appear that I’m not (according to the VO > cursor) so the correction is rubbish!! > > So is there any way that I can get VO/the VO cursor to keep up with what > I’m actually writing on Facebook?? Any answers really would be appreciated, > as I’m getting really really frustrated!!! > > Thanks so much. > > Eleanor > > -- > The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone > list. > > If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or > if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the > owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. > > Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: > [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at > [email protected] > > The archives for this list can be searched at: > http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "VIPhone" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/ms > gid/viphone/D07D8CAB-9DEB-46DA-8D63-E492F54F6373%40googlemail.com. > -- The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected] The archives for this list can be searched at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/CAL5m5AErAhvM3Onu7rUyi68ojF23X58K%3Dyjz2uqQdDRzDBf4PQ%40mail.gmail.com.
