Change the view to something other than albums, and it'll search what you
want. As far as a podcast, AppleVis has one.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Tamara Rorie, Esq.
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 9:35 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Changing The Searchable Categories in iTunes 11

Hi All:

Can someone tell me how to change the searchable categories when searching
music?  We use to be able to arrow down when on the search box and see the
choices of artist, album song, etc.  this dictated what would be searched.
After upgrading, I seem to be stuck on album and I can't figure out how to
change it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Also, is there a tutorial or
podcast for this version of iTunes yet?

Tamara