I was looking for these 2 items, gps checks or I think Kelly means, don't have your apps constantly checking for mor e info. LIke the braking news, mail, tweets etc! I have these apps but I don't have them checking as often or not at all! I use my ipod for that and the phone when I go off, I simplely check the apps when I am out! I also turn off my phone if I am going to be in a meeting, that saves battery! I wondering if some folks don't know they can turn off their phones by holding the lock button on the top of the phone for about six seconds and swiping to power off! You do the same thing to turn it back on! I had to tell two of my friends this recently after they received their iphones. I guess the people at the stores don't think to let them know about this! So if your not going to use your phone for a while you can turn it off! Heather