From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Rose Combs
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:09 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Touch typing questions

We are probably the only two.

I don't send e-mail on my phone, it has an e-mail account that only a couple
of people know about, I use it to send messages from work where I need to
enter contact info etc.  If I were not working where I had to get 100% of my
attention to what I am doing I might feel differently but as of this writing
I don't do Facebook, Twitter or receive a ton of e-mail on my phone, and I
discourage texting during my working hours.  It does not stop my husband or
one friend, unfortunately and I have near the end of a day when I am
involved in a report I need to finish before I leave turned off the phone
completely but I would rather not do that, I want a phone when I am at work,
mostly to stay connected with my husband who has been a frequent flyer in
the hospital.  I don't want a lot of messages, beeps, and other sounds
interrupting me during those hours.

I could mess with do not disturb, I suppose but, it is easier not to do
those accounts and to keep my e-mail on the phone to a minimum since I don't
like typing on the keyboard all that much even after nearly two years, I
can, of course, but would rather do most of my communicating on my computer.