From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:57 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Advancing through a Chapter with the New Audible App

Hi Craig,

Yes, at this point the functionality to fast forward is gone unless you use
a headset or Bluetooth keyboard. On a headset like Apple Earpods you can
still double press and hold the middle button and it will fast forward or,
on a Bluetooth keyboard, press and hold F9.

Alternatively you can go to the "Chapters and Bookmarks" page, where all the
chapters of the part of the book that you are listening to are listed. While
the book is playing you can double tap on any of them and the playback
position will jump to the beginning of that chapter. If I want to rewind
quite a bit because maybe I fell asleep without setting the sleep timer, I
just double tap on the chatpers until I recognize the start of one. Then I
double tap on the next one, close the Chapters and Bookmarks page and then
use the Jump Back button which is still there. I have changed the jump
interval to 1 minute instead of 30 seconds in the settings and since most
Audible books have chapter by chapter navigation and most chapters are
rarely very long it's pretty quick to find a place again.