Hello. I did get a response, but it may as well have been no response.
I realize that any response from Apple Accessibility is worth noting,
but they didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. Since
then though, I did hear of a news item on Twitter where Apple was
working on automatic hearing aid detection for the iPhone. Perhaps
this will be tied into Live Listen later this year when the new iPhone
comes out. For now, below is what I got from Apple on Live Listen. As
always, the more people that email Apple regarding Live Listen and its
potential impact for those with hearing loss the better. Send those
cards and letters to:
accessibil...@apple.com

Regards,
Wayne Merritt

Hello,
 Thank you for your email. We will pass this along to the appropriate
people for their consideration.
Please also be aware of this article.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4526
In particular this passage…
"Made for iPhone hearing aids
Apple is working with top manufacturers to introduce Made for iPhone
hearing aids that will deliver a power-efficient, high-quality digital
audio experience (Requires iPhone 4S or later and iOS 6 or later).
Made for iPhone hearing aids should be available from top hearing aid
manufacturers starting in 2013."
…

Apple Accessibility

--