Hello Irene,
I'm writing this as I try to buy a book using Safari on my iPhone.

I've flicked around and found Go. Flicking to the left I find the text field.
I entered Ann Cleeves and double-tapped Go.
I set the rotor to Headings and flicked down to find the first title.
Flicking left from the author's name, I found "Send as gift", then Buy now.
The next screen asks me to sign into Kobo.
On the next screen I entered my username and password and clicked Continue.
On the next screen, I flicked right to the Buy now button and clicked it.
I should now find the book in my Kobo library.

I quit Safari, waited until the confirmation e-mail arrived, then launched the
Kobo app and my book was there.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Anne