From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Alan Paganelli
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2013 5:17 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Weird issue with VO Volume

Lisa, most blind people have "change with buttons" turned on.  This means
that it's possible that focus is on something else at the time when you were

adjusting the volume and the level got changed.  The first year I had my
iPhone this drove me crazy with the volume changing and once or twice I had
to do a reset to get voice over back.

When "change with buttons" is turned off, you set an over all volume for
every thing.  I have mine set to 1 hundred percent.  That doesn't mean
though that your phone is always at full volume.  It just means that all the

elements are at 1 hundred percent which is where you want them to be.  Now,
the only thing the buttons on the side of your phone do is to adjust the
master volume.  So if you turn the volume down, that's all that happens is
the master volume goes down but if you get a phone call, the volume will be
where you set at with the master volume and no more screw-ups with volume
changes on one part of your phone and not on another.  Don't take my word
for it, see how it works for you.  It's easy enough to turn it back.  Here's

how to do it.

1 Open Settings.
2 Flick right with 1 finger to get to sounds and single-finger double tap.
3 Flick right to get to "change with buttons"  Do a single finger double tap

to toggle the button from on to off.  Flick left to get to the sound volume
setting and single finger double tap.  Now flick 1 finger up or down to
adjust the master volume setting.  I have it set to 1 hundred percent.

Now  done and hit the back button to exit the settings.  You won't have any
more accidental volume changes.  I've had my phone this way now for about a
year and wouldn't turn on change with buttons back on again even on a bet.
To easy to get yourself in trouble accidentally.

HTH

Alan