Hello Alan
to get basic punctuation, do a one finger flick to the right. It will select a period for you. To get to the other choices do a one finger flick down. To enter advanced punctuation and symbols tap and hold on the keyboard until you are towards the top. You will see a row of advanced punctuation and symbols. Again, it will select one for you, but if you want something else, do a one finger flick down.
Hope this helps.
Chris.

Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail and Facebook: