I'd agree with you.  Everybody loves to poke the giant in the eye or at least
to talk about it.  As I said, until accessibility is built in for all I 'll
stick with Apple iPhone.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Panarese
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2013 9:38 AM
  Subject: Re: Apple iPhone versus android software

      Regardless of how much Android accessibility evolves, it's still running
on Android.  That will always be the problem.  As the Android market continues
to fracture, there are more than a half dozen different active versions of the
software and hardware longevity with that software is minimum, iOS will always
have the advantage.  I know far too many sighted people who have a variety of
problems with their phones and their software that would keep me from every
going the Android route, regardless of how much accessibility improves.  Of
course, there is the malware and security risks that plagues Android that seems
to be under reported while the media likes to emphasize any slight issue with
Apple.  Open source may be preferred by some, but it opens up a serious can of
worms from a personal security front that are hardly written about in the
mainstream.  Apple is Far more secure, and their software is consistent across
devices and there is far more backwards compatibility than Android, especially
for apps.

  Take Care

  John D. Panarese
  Director
  Mac for the Blind
  Tel, (631) 724-4479
  Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
  Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

  APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX Mountain Lion and LION

  On May 19, 2013, at 12:19 PM, Ricardo Walker <rwalker...@gmail.com> wrote:

  > Hello,
  >
  > That is definitely not the case.  Android is very accessible to blind and
low vision users.  In my opinion, its a bit behind as far as accessibility goes
compared to IOS but, not by much.  I would even venture to say, they might even
be on par in a year or so.  I do prefer IOS at this point though.  From a blind
perspective, its just more refined.

  > JMO.
  >
  > Ricardo Walker
  > rica...@appletothecore.info
  > Twitter:@apple2thecore
  > www.appletothecore.info
  >
  > On May 19, 2013, at 8:04 AM, James Lockwood <lockwoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
  >
  >> It has been a year or so since I attempted to use an android phone. Is it
other peoples experience that the android software is relatively inaccessible
to completely blind users? Is that still the case?