I find that about half to two/thirds of apps are at least somewhat accessible.
Note: I do not include games in this unscientific assessment as I expect
graphical games to not be accessible.

There is no actual requirement for apps to be accessible for the blind.
Fortunately, VO's integration means apps developed to iOS standards will most
likely be at least partially accessible.

There is a radio tuner app which will allow you access to Satellite radio if
you have an active account. This app is accessible, but I cannot remember which
one it is. I live in NZ, so do not have access.

In all honesty, the only thing you can do, besides trying to generate enough
noise for hopefully convincing the company to make adjustments, is find an
accessible alternative.

We really need to remember that we are an insignificant market at only 0.5% of
the population. Though we desire to have all apps be accessible for us, how
many of us consider access for other disability populations. For instance, how
many podcasts, especially those created by blind people, include full
transcripts for those who are deaf? Until we all start doing so with every
podcast we create so that deaf people can have equal participation, I would say
we are the pot calling the kettle black.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone