Hi, if your iPod is setup with Wi-Fi, just plug it into AC power and lock it. After a while the higher quality voice will be downloaded and the use compact voice button will appear in order to give you the option to switch back to the original compact voice. So, the reason ti's not there is because the high quality voice hasn't been downloaded yet. Since many people plug in their devices at night so they will be fully charged up in the morning, just do that and by morning you will have a high quality voice and you will notice a difference.

Hope that helps.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
I love my mother, but my feelings for my spot are much greater. - Sheldon Cooper