Hi, all.

Okay, my issue is resolved.

This involved some very frantic and frustrating trouble shooting, but here's
what happened in case it happens to anyone else.

As far as I can tell, The Screen got locked and speech somehow got muted
when I tried picking up and then dropping the keyboard.

I deduced this by the fact that I had no sounds at all except for the  SIRI
tones Plus, I tried the two finger triple tap or triple tap home and neither
restored speech.

Then, I pressed the power button once and heard the familiar screen unlock
sound.  I tried unlocking the screen at this point, but this was
impossible because I couldn't double tap on the right area of the screen.  I
was tapping to the left and just above the home button, so I was in the
ballpark, but you know. . .

Then I tried first summoning SIRI and calling myself.  the call went
through, just as it would when the screen was locked with VO running.  I
couldn't end the call with the 2 finger double tap no matter where on the
screen I tapped.  I had to wait for the phone to end the call.

Then I decided to call my voice mail again unlock the phone while the call
was in progress.  I used SIRI to make the call, then I used the space key on
the keyboard to unlock the screen and got to the home screen by pressing the
home button twice.  Then I unmuted speech with the three finger double tap.

Like I said, the simultaneous VO muting and screen locking occurred using a
slightly dropped Amazon Basics Bluetooth Keyboard and an iPhone 5.  I have
no clue what combination of keys needed to be pressed to make this happen,
I'm just glad I got it resolved.

Lisa

Chocolate is the answer... who cares what the question is!

Lisa Belville
missktlab1...@frontier.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa belville" <missktlab1...@frontier.com>