Hello there,

That is a good question. Here is what the iTunes says about Viber.

Viber - Free Phone Calls
With Viber, everyone in the world can connect. Freely. More than 200 million
Viber users call, text, and send photos worldwide - for free.

Viber is available for the iPhoneR and other smartphones. We are constantly
introducing new features and platforms.

On Viber, your phone number is your ID. The app syncs with your mobile
contact list, automatically detecting which of your contacts have Viber.

Free calls with HD sound quality
Groups with up to 40 participants
Send stickers and emoticons, making messaging fun!
Share locations
Push notifications guarantee that you never miss a call or message, even
when Viber is off
Send videos and photos with just a few easy steps
No ads and 100% free*
Localized to: Czech, Danish, Greek, Finnish, Hungarian, Polish Swedish,
Turkish, Korean, Dutch, Thai, Vietnamese, Malay, Indonesian, Russian,
Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional),
Spanish, Catalan, German, French, Italian, Portuguese and Portuguese
(Brazil).

For more information on it you can look at it over at AppleVis at:
http://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/social-networking/viber-free-phone-calls

Just noticed something that looks worth looking at and that Skype doesn't
support. The Groups with up to 40 participants is quite amazing but can that
be done from the app itself? Skype does not allow you to make a conference
group call from the IOS app. Plus, it doesn't mention nor have I tried this
but does this work over on 3G and LTE? I know that Skype you can but cost
extra to do so.

Regards,
AnonyMouse