Yes, on the very left in the status bar it will also give you the cellular
signal quality, but you are using WiFi if it gives you a WiFi signal
strength just to the left of the time.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Nimit Kaur
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 5:58 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: T-Mobile and Cellular Data suggestions/questions

Hey Sieghard, Thank you very much.  Now, So, are you saying that when my
phone says, "3 of 3 bars, wifi signal strength", it is on wifi and will not
use my data?  Right?  I do notice that as you said, when my phone doesn't
say, that, it says, "4G, T-Mobile Network, 4 of 5 bars".
 Well, right now, it says that t-mobile network is 4 out of 5 but I guess it
changes as well.  So, by all means, you mean that my iPhone will use one
thing, either wifi or data?  Right?  Is 4G good?  Thanks!