Rob, while some may know that photography is one of the closest things to my
heart, having both shot and modeled for some time, alas, the list does not take
attachments.

And, though I find this topic to be one of my absolute favorites every time it
comes up, we do need to focus a bit here on iDevices so perhaps we can continue
this with an emphasis on how iDevices with cameras have influenced us as
photographers…

For myself, I've always loved shooting images both when I could see and after
that changed. Not only was the advent of digital photography a godsend as I
could have the complete abandon and confidence of getting great shots and not
needing to worry about running out of film, but when the iPhone became
accessible and Apple had the amazing quality of insight and inclusion to make
the camera app fully accessible, it was (and still is) a very moving experience
for me, for which I'm eternally grateful! :)

So often, because people would assume the question, 'Why on earth would a blind
person want to use a camera?' it is still amazingly refreshing to me that Apple
completely flew in the face of this wrongly held assumption and by doing so,
made it possible for many more of us to either continue the art we love or have
the flexibility to become acquainted with a new experience taking photos,
perhaps for the first time…

Though I'd already had quite a bit of experience composing shots both behind
and in front of the camera, I decided it would be fun to sit in on a photo
class that the Braille Institute offers, here in LA. I liked it so much I ended
up enrolling in it and used my iPhone constantly, sharing shots I'd take with
the instructor / class.

I was like the only iPhone user in the class at the time and the quality of the
pics really did make an impression on the instructor… There were also class
projects similar to the one just discussed in this thread and also an
exhibition but I'll refrain from going OT here, no matter how much I'd love to!
:)

Anyway, for those of you whom find that you really do benefit from the iDevices
as cameras, would you mind sharing your experiences and how these devices help
you? Conversely, for those whom may not feel this way, what improvements could
be made that you feel might help you be able to use the cameras on iDevices
more easily and creatively?

Thanks a bunch y'all! Great topics and experiences! thanks so much for sharing!…

Smiles,

Cara :)