From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 09:29
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: More good news about the Netatmo Weather Station

Hello,

I just wanted to give a quick update about the Netatmo Weather Station for
those who bought it and for those who might be interested in it. First of all,
for new members and those who haven't heard about it, the Netatmo Weather
Station consists of 2 modules, an indoor and an outdoor module. The indoor
module has a micro USB connection and uses a wall adapter for power and it also
has 4 Triple A batteries for backup power. It is a round tube about 6 inches
long and maybe 2 inches thick, there is no display at all and it only has one
touch sensitive button at the top which one can push to force an update or you
can push and hold it to initiate pairing mode. The indoor module connects to
your WiFi and via your WiFi to the internet so that you can access it from
anywhere in the world where you have a data connection. It also has Bluetooth
which until recently was not used, but now the station uses Bluetooth for the
initial setup/connection to your WiFi. This process was inaccessible so far,
but I am happy to report that it is now fully accessible via the free Netatmo
app which you also use once the station is paired to check the weather data
provided by the station.

The outdoor module uses 900 Mhz and is pre-paired with the indoor module and it
also uses 4 Triple A batteries. Once you put batteries in it, it will
automatically pair itself with the indoor module and nothing else has to be
done. It is also a tube of the exact same thickness, but it's only maybe 4
inches long. Both modules are made from aluminum and have that same quality
feel as an Apple product such as the Apple Wireless Keyboard.

The weather station provides the following information (you can of course set
if you want metric or imperial units):

Indoor Measurements:
Current Temperature
Minimum and maximum temperatures in the last 24-hour period
Humidity
CO2 level in parts per million
Air quality indicator - indicates if air is good or if CO2 is high and room
needs to be aired
Noise level in decibels
Air Pressure - this is displayed with the indoor measurements, but air pressure
is the same indoors and outdoors.

Outdoor Measurements
Current Temperature
Minimum and maximum temperatures in the last 24-hour period
Felt Like Temperature
Humidity
Air quality indicator - uses government data from the nearest weather station

The app can also send push notifications about a bunch of events such as high
CO2 level, low temperature, high temperature etc.

Another new feature is that you can now buy additional indoor units for $79,
the initial cost for the Weather Station is $180). They are similar in size to
the outdoor module and you can place them in different rooms, e.g. you could
have one upstairs and one in the basement.

Later this year a rainfall sensor will also be available which will measure the
amount of precipitation.

Netatmo was incredibly accommodating to improve the accessibility of the app
which in the beginning was not that great. There is still a graphical mode
which automatically activates if you turn the phone to landscape orientation
and that of course won't read, but in portrait mode Voiceover reads all the
information beautifully in a simple interface. The head developer made it
possible for me to discuss the various versions I beta tested with him directly
on Skype and it was a fantastic experience. I know that the price for this
Weather Station is on the high side and it's not a product for everybody, but
if you are willing to pay this amount you will definitely get the most
accessible weather observation product out there.

Lastly, here are the links to the Netatmo website where you can buy the station
(I believe you can also get it on Amazon) and to the Netatmo app on iTunes, it
won't do you much good without a weather station, but I thought I include it
anyways in case somebody wants to read the entire app description:

Netatmo Website: http://www.Netatmo.com

Netatmo App in the App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/netatmo/id532538499?mt=8

Best regards,