The most protective cases are probably the otter box, but they are too hard to work with, I tend to swap my sim card between my iphone and my android phones quite a bit, so I need something that I can take apart fairly quickly. The juice pack does make the phone a bit thicker, but the extra power is well worth that, I don't need to have the smallest device.