Hi Ron.
It has been my experience that Ari  is correct. I use braille almost
exclusively on my various devices. What would be nice would be if
there were some optional feature where when new info such as a turn or
a crucial waypoint  in a route was presented to the user, that the
phone would vibrate to alert you that you should look at your display
to find that info.

Scott