From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:25 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Skype App Settings for Camera

Outlook Express was discontinued in 2005. Windows Mail started with the
source code of Outlook Express, so you could consider Windows Mail to be
Outlook Express 7. Ditto for Windows Live Mail, which replaced Windows
Mail. The feature set between Outlook Express and the current Windows
Live Mail is pretty significant. I don't think it's unreasonable for a
company to update their program over the span of eight years. There are
a lot of reasons to bash MS, but I don't think Outlook Express is an
example of MS changing something just to change something. I think the
criticism of MS and Outlook Express has more to do with the fact that
Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail were just different and less
accessible than the fact that Outlook Express was perfect and didn't
need enhancing.

On 07/30/2013 04:22 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:
> Sherry, I would strongly recommend that you get a personal email account
> with gmail provided you're not too established with your AT&T one. Gmail
> works great with the various email clients like Outlook and I assume
> Thunderbird. You will need to set up a Google account which can be done
> here:

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail&hl=en_us&continue=http%3A%2F
%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fpc%3Den-ha-na-us-bk&utm_campaign=en&utm_sourc
e=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha

> That's the first step to get a gmail account. Once you have one, they
> have a help link where you can search on setting the account up with
> whichever email client you end up using, Thunderbird or Windows Live
> mail. That's just another example of Microsoft changing something that a
> lot of folks are still wondering why it was necessary. I thought Outlook
> Express was fine based on comments I've read by those who used and
> mastered it.
>
> Good luck with your email decisions. I'm enjoying The Kitchen House.
>
> Alan

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail