The basic idea of the game is to build up your castle, and to do
quests.  On the main screne of the app you will find many buttons.
The quest button allows you to go in and see what quests are currently
available.  If you do the ones in there at the start it is a sort of
tutorial, since those quests show you what things you need to do to
get your game started.  For example they have you use your heros to
fight and earn your castle experience and gold.  They also have you
build shops.

Back on the main app screne you can click on Build.  This is where you
go to build your shops and castle expansions.  Most things in here
cost gold, but some cost Esper.

Back on the main screne again you can find the button for your Heros.
In here you can view the stats for all of your Heros and can use gold
or food to level those heros up.  You can only level a hero up to the
max allowed for your current castle level.

I hope this helps get you started.  I am really enjoying the game, and
am very excited for the next update from the developer.

Denny