Hi Patty,

Before you get rid of your subscription you should know that if you buy
books from Audible without subscription it is much more expensive. As a
member you get a 30% discount. See the below example:

The Potato Factory: The Australian Trilogy, Book 1 by Bryce Courtenay
Regular Price: $34.97
Member Price: $24.48 or 1 Credit

Now, assume you have the Gold membership which is $14.95 a month. This works
out to $179.40 a year and it entitles you to 12 books a year. I am making
the assumption you buy books worth 1 credit each since there are not many
which cost 2 credits.
With that membership you get the above book which as a non member costs
$34.97 for $14.95.
If you buy similar books, the $177.40 you spend for the Gold membership only
buy you maybe 5 or 6 books a year as a non-member.
Unless you only buy 2 or 3 books a year I think a membership totally is the
way to go with Audible. If you don't typically buy/read one book a months or
even if you do, you can opt to buy all your credits at once instead of
paying the subscription price every month. Here you can buy either 12 or 24
credits in one go for the price of $170 for 12 credits or $230 for 24
credits. Please don't totally quote me on these prices since I didn't look
them up.

Anyhow, they do give you small discount even if you buy 12 credits, with the
monthly subscription you pay $177.40 per year and if you buy them all at
once you pay $170 or maybe even a few Dollars less.
The nice thing is that if you don't use them up all in one year that is I
think not a problem, as long as you use one every now and then they will
remain although there maybe a certain time limit. But even if you used them
all up and have 0 credits, you are still considered a member for a certain
period and get to take advantage of special offers.
Right now, for example, I bought 24 credits last November and I used them
all up a while back. Audible is currently giving me a promotion every months
where as long as I have less than 2 credits I can buy 3 extra credits once a
month for $28.68 Or $9.56 a credit. Now suddenly I can buy $30 or $40 books
which cost 1 credit for $9.56. This is actually the same great price you pay
if you buy 24 credits at once for $229, this also works out to approx. $9.54
or something like that.

I suggest you check their website or you can of course call their toll free
customer service at 1-888-283-5051. If you feel uncomfortable trying to find
all that info online you could just say you are a blind member and would
like information about buying 12 credits all at once and the conditions as
far as how long these 12 credits stay active etc.