Shane,

You can set whether you want to download any Podcasts in the global
settings.
Double tap the "More" tab at the bottom right of the screen. Now double tap
"Settings" at the top of the screen. Find the "New Episode Action" heading.
Underneath that double tap of whichever option is selected, you will get the
following list of choices:
Do Nothing
Download All New
Download most recent
Mark all new for streaming
Mark most recent for streaming

You can then also set which episodes to keep a bit further down in the
settings and tell Downcast if Automatic Downloading should be done "Never",
"Always" or on "WiFi only".

If you set your global settings, for example, you tell Downcast to "Mark all
new for streaming", but you want to "download the  but most recent" for a
particular Podcast, you can do this by double tapping on that Podcast, then
double tap on the Settings button at the bottom right of that screen. Here
you can change the global settings for that Podcast only and whichever
settings you choose will take priority over the global settings.