To the best of my knowledge, Kindle books are not available through 3rd-party
sellers, not legally, anyway. They are sold by Amazon at its Kindle store,
which you get to by using the web browser and platform of your choice, then
have the book sent to your i-device, which has the app registered on it. As for
the page numbers, you are right that Kindle doesn't announce them, but you can
see then in the application's menu when you're in a book. Also, I'm pretty sure
that the page numbers do not actually correspond to print pages, because, at
least for iBooks, and I assume for Kindle as well, the number of pages it
thinks are in the book depends on which device you're using and your font size.
That is, for example, a given book when displayed in iBooks on the iPhone has a
lot more "pages" than that same book on an iPad. So it is worthless for
purposes of footnoting, if that's what you're thinking about.

Mary

Mary Otten
motte...@gmail.com