From: "Scott Duck" <l...@csdconsulting.biz>
To: "iPhone List" <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:59 PM
Subject: Regina's Sermon

Hi Regina,

I am the one who started the thread that prompted your "sermon" and so I
would like to respond to it.

You said that unless someone is a new IOS user that they would know that one
cannot downgrade.  Why is that?  I have been a IOS user for 2 years and 2
months.  I did not know that downgrading is impossible until now because it
has not come up until now.  I have gone through three major IOS upgrades and
several minor ones.  I have never before encountered problems that were
sufficient to make me want to go to the trouble of downgrading.  This being
the case, how would I know that it is impossible?

I assure you that I am not one to think that technology must be perfect.  I
started using computers in the 1980s, when they were much more limited than
they are now.  Like many of us, I carried around floppy disks and tapes and
records and all of the equipment necessary to use them.  I am very thankful
that the functions of all of those devices can now be completely replaced by
my laptop and iPhone, not to mention the fact that the devices that I have
now have capabilities that would have seemed like science fiction back then.
I am truly amazed and thankful at all of the technological resources that I
have at my disposal.

I am not a cancer survivor.  However, I have lived through some pretty bad
personal tragedies, which I will not describe here.  Suffice it to say that
I realize that I am very blessed that the worst problem that I have at the
moment is dealing with some IOS7 bugs.

Now, having said all of that, is there anything wrong with me wanting to
downgrade to IOS6, if I can find a relatively easy way to do so?  I don't
think that there is.  If you don't want to, that's fine.  However, I think
that a sermon, which came across to me as being a bit  holier than thou, is
going a bit overboard.

By the way, I am communicating with Apple about the problems.  I too am sure
that they will fix it, eventually.  I don't think it's a huge deal anyway.
In fact, I said that in a post yesterday.  However, If I and maybe some
others would like to downgrade for a few months, until they do fix it, that
isn't a crime or a character issue.

Thanks,

Scott Duck