Hi Robert, I'm afraid I have to disagree when you say that no amount of
complaining will change something. I believe in the power of advocacy, and also
in the rule of law. In Europe, Apple has already had to change some of its
practices because in the past they have not conformed to EU law. They've
already had to offer a micro-USB adapter in those markets, and there's some
suggestion that the Lightening adapters themselves may well not last if Apple
wants to continue to sell there. They are not above the law. And if Apple is
violating consumer guarantee law, then it is Apple who must change, whether
they've done something for years or not.
Many markets have very strict laws regarding products being fit for purpose,
having clear access to the advertised space, etc. They're skating on very thin
ice here and I for one do not believe lying down and accepting it is right,
responsible or appropriate.
For years, they have been price gouging in Australia, charging much higher
prices for iTunes content than is appropriate given the current exchange rate.
Just like any other company, they were forced to appear before a Parliamentary
Committee, account for their actions and possibly be subject to regulation.
There is nothing that exempts Apple from due process, nor should there be.
Jonathan Mosen
Mosen Consulting
Blindness technology eBooks, tutorials and training
http://Mosen.org