At this moment, the BARD Mobile app, which I think is great, is pretty much
non-functional for me. I suspect this is, of course, due to the U.S.
government shutdown. The BARD site itself works fine for me in Safari, and I
am able to download books using my PC. Beginning a couple of days ago,
however, the app started saying I had no items in my Wish List even when I
knew I did have some, and it was also telling me that there were 0 items in
all of the Recently Added listings. If I left the app sitting there, it
would eventually just say that the request timed out, and I could not access
items. I could transfer and read Braile books fime via Dropbox or iTunes
File Sharing and access them without a problem, and audiobooks I had
transferred prior to Thursday or so were playing fine. However, in the last
couple of days, I had tried transferring audiobooks via Dropbox or iTunes,
since I could not download any with the app; I suspect the actual ZIP file
transfer and unpack went without a problem, but when the app tried to obtain
an authorization from NLS servers for the book, I was just told that the
request timed out, and the books never appeared on my Bookshelf. I just
tried deleting and reinstalling the app to see if that would solve my woes,
and now, I cannot even log in to Bard. The app just tells me, of course,
that the request has timed out. Hence, as I said, I cannot use it at all
right now.

Just FYI if anyone else is also experiencing such issues...

Regards,
Maria