So how its work and if I buy this app I must pay for something and register on some server? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:35 PM
Subject: RE: any one recommends some good app to record phonecalls?

Hi,

Yes, Tape A Call Lite is free, you can record a long phone call, but only
listen to the first 60 seconds for free. If you want to be able to listen to
the entire call or get a copy of it here it what it says:

$9.99 UNLOCKS TONS OF FEATURES

This is also the price if you buy Tape A Call Pro from the start, so you can
either pay right away or do an in-app purchase, it's pretty useless as a
free version since you can only listen to the first minute of a call.
It appears that this app does nto charge an annual or monthly subscription,
but it's not a free app and it still uses the method I described, i.e. it
calls a server and then creates a 3-way call, it says so right in the app

* TapeACall requires your carrier to support 3-way calling. *

Here more from frequently asked questions right from the app description:

How does this app record calls?
When you're on a call and you want to record it, open TapeACall and press
the record button. We will put your call on hold and dial our recording
line. As soon as our line answers tap the merge button on your screen to
create a 3 way call between your other caller and our recording line.

If you want to record an outgoing call, just press the record button. The
app will dial our recording line and will begin recording as soon as our
line answers. Once that happens, tap the add call button on your screen,
call the person you want to record, then press the merge button when they
answer.

Are there any additional fees?

We do NOT charge you any additional fees. Please keep in mind that 3-way
calling will use your airtime minutes. Carriers in Canada may charge for
long distance calls, so be sure to check if TapeACall is long distance for
you! If it is, you may be able to get around this by adding TapeACall's
access number as one of your "Fav" numbers so you can call it without
additional airtime usage or carriers fees. If we don't have an access number that is considered local by your carrier, please contact us and we'll try to
get one for you!

My thought, it's not worth it, there is a good chance you have to call their
server long distance and one reviewer said it only recorded just over a
minute of a 30 minute call even though he had the Pro version.