To have your podcasts backed up from Downcast, go into the settings for downcast, and on in there a little way is something that you check that says that your media will be backed up when you do a back up to ICloud, or your computer. I turn it on when I back up to my computer, but be sure to turn it off when backing up to ICloud. If you don't have many podcasts to back up to ICloud, go ahead and back them up there, too. But if you have many, it will quickly use up your free five gig of storage on iCloud.

Arnold Schmidt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Cramer" <tom.cram...@gmail.com>
To: "viphone" <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:15 PM
Subject: Am I doing something wrong with a restore?

Hi,
I'm trying to learn my way with these IOS things but need some help.
I just got an iPod touchto go with my iPhone so that I don't have to
always run down my battery and so that I can have more on the ipod
like music, books, etc.
However, what I wanted was to sync my IPod and IPhone so that they had
the same data.  I read that someone else asked a similar question and
that he was told to do an iTunes backup of the iPhone and then restore
his iPad Mini.  I thought I could do the same with the iPod touch.
I did the restore, but where things get weird is this.  I loaded
downcast so that I could listen to some of my podcasts, but the iPod
said that I was not subscribed to any podcast feeds.
I loaded ootunes, and my recents weren't available to me the way they
are on the iPhone.  Same with TuneIn radio.  Does my data not get
transfered?
Oh, also, Ootunes didn't have any of the recordings I'd made.

I have the apps and the few songs, but what about the rest of the data?

I thought this was a better way to do things rather than just an
iCloud backup.
And even though I don't know iTunes on the PC, I was somehow able to
do a complete IPhone backup before trying to restore my IPod to that
backup.

What do I do?
Tom

Search and view the VIPhone archives by visiting http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/.

Reach the VIPhone owner and moderators by emailing viphone+ow...@googlegroups.com.

More VIPhone group options can be found by visiting http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en. --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.