GPS can  locate you with in a 30 foot circle with you at it's center.  The
United States government controls that.  They keep it that way for good reasons
which I won't go in to here.  I'm just giving you an over view of how GPS works
so that you'll better understand.

As was already pointed out, inside a building the GPS signals are very week.
The stores in a mall are very close together and even if you should by some
chance get a good clear signal, it still won't do you any good.

Here's why.  GPS or ground positioning system can only use latitude and
longitude signals.  Where those two points meet is where your standing.  That
raw data isn't going to do you much good in the real world.  A sailor at sea
who knows how to shoot a star  with a sexton and hasn't forgot totally how to
use one could figure out where he and his ship is.  Today, they have computers
to do that for them and give a constant reading.

Meanwhile back in the real world, a GPS system locates you using internal or
external maps.  The data can be right or wrong and those of us who have been
using GPS for the blind for many years have come to know that there can be
gotchas in the data base your using.  For example, the map data may say your at
point X when in reality, your nowhere anywhere near that place or point.  As
they use to say in computer programming, garbage in, garbage out.  In other
words, the GPS can only report to you what's in it's database.

With week signals inside a mall and no database to refer to, your GPS is
useless even if it did get a good clean signal.  There are other ways it can be
done but not with GPS alone.
-------

Regards,

Alan

Go Chicago Bears in 2013!

Teenagers; Tired of being harassed by your stupid parents?  Act now!!!!!  Move
out.  Get a job.  Pay your bills wile you still know everything.

Please click on:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~alanandsuzanne/
There, you'll find free files of my arrangements and performances played on
the Yamaha Tyros 1 keyboard.  The albums in Technics  format formerly on my
website are still available upon request.  Thanks for listening!