Yes, my read in lock screen was always sent to "off" but it started reading
them in the lock screen despite this setting havn't been changed.  So I had
to do a fresh install of my iOS and when it was a "new out of the box
phone" it didn't read the text message in the lock screen, so I did a
re-sync to my iCloud and before the apps were downloaded it didn't read the
text in the lock screen, however as soon as they all were downloaded, this
morning (as I let the sync happen overnight) it's happening again!  Gurrr!
I'm at work now so can't do anything.  I'll call the person I was working
with last night to see what he sugguests.
What I may want to do is re-sync my 4s as I haven't had the 5s for so long
and let that backup to the cloud and then I'd have all my ringtones back
and hopefully not the problem.  I haven't downloaded any new programs
(other than the ones Apple gives new iDevice owners since getting my
phone.  Any other apps have been free ones -- Plus they will still be
linked in the app store.  I'd have to re-donwload some BookShare books and
a BARD book but that's easy enough.
I just don't know what caused this behavour.  BTW, if I mute my phone (by
pushing the switch to mute) it doesn't read them out on the lock screen.

Katey

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

Visit my FaceBook page at: www.facebook.com/kateyjax