Have you tried turning your phone off and turning it back on??? I recommennd
that you try resetting your phone, but make sure that you empty the app
switcher first.

It is possible to search the iTunes store from your phone, I do it all the
time.

I have the same problem on ocasion that you are having. Clearing all of the
apps from the app switcher, then turning my phone off helps to solve the
problem.

Donna