I thought the message already did a good job of describing this, but it's a way for someone who wants a ride to hook up with a driver who could give them the ride. I used google to find https://www.uber.com/ where you can find out more.

On 12/20/2013 05:22 PM, Kay Malmquist wrote:
There is always one of these on a list and unfortunately I am the one this
time.  What is Uber and where can I find out more?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Deb Lewis" <deblewi...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: Uber

I love Uber and I love the app. You can request a car in the app, it
will show you how long it will be before it comes. You can call or
text the driver directly which is very handy if you're in a crowd etc.
It's the most fabulous car service I've ever used and they've made
their app accessible. It was not initially and it does have frequent
updates so occasionally it will have minor access issues, but they
always fix it right away. I highly recommend trying it. Read all the
details about pricing and types of vehicles for your area on their
site, because there are possibly various options. but at least with
respect to what we discuss here, you can go for it with no problem.